Shocked with my tasks for the week to come… I’ve learned something new today:
NEVER EVER CHECK EMAILS ON SUNDAYS.
I never liked seeing my boss’ name appear on my inbox. I never liked reading his messages unless they are about my pay cheques. How I hate being an employee.
My friends were supposed to pick me up at 11 but all plans were ruined since we were just free riders on one of my friends’ boyfriend and he wasn’t available to pick us up today. I am never fond of movie houses but going out with them would be a good pastime. Though I can still go and meet them, it will be inconvenient on my part to travel because I don’t have my own damn car.
Since it’s Sunday, and it’s my rest day, and I really rest on rest days, here I am enjoying my cappuccino candy and writing this blog while watching Toy Story 2 on cable before I proceed with my own game development.
It’s impossible not to think of your job on rest days but you can still enjoy your Sundays if you will learn the tricks of work-life balance.
How to enjoy your Sundays:
- Do not set your alarm clock on Saturday night. Get up when you’ve had enough sleep. Sleep as much as you can. Wake up when you want to, you don’t have to worry about being late. There’s no log in time.
- Enjoy your meals. Enjoy the smell of your coffee. Chew your food thoroughly. There’s no need to rush. It’s on rest days that you truly appreciate the taste of your food.
- Spend quality time with your family. Talk about good memories. Scan your old photos and laugh together about how odd looking you were when you were still young. Play charade or do chores together. Avoid bringing up topics about work unless you all feel happy talking about it.
- Go out with friends. Watch a good movie or a bonding over coffee or beer will do. You don’t have to spend a lot. The simple stories you share will get rid of the stresses.
- Go out with your special someone. Do the things you love to do together. Either you go watch a movie or go food tripping. If you don’t like being out, you can just stay on your room, play video games or watch youtube videos. If the distance keeps you apart, then give him a call. Simple things will make up for your busy days.
- Play sports. Dance zumba or sing to your favorite song. Music is a good therapy.
- Have a date with your bed. Nothing will beat the comfort of your bed.
- Log in to your social media accounts to know the whatabouts and whereabouts of people but not on your email (that you use for work). Have a chitchat with your old friends that you haven’t seen in ages.
- If you’re an introvert, you can experiment on new things. Cook, clean, do your laundry without using the washer, do flower arrangement, change your locks, alter your clothes, paint, learn how to make games, et cetera. Do the things that you do not usually do on weekdays.
You can also enjoy your weekend by being productive as well. Think of something that will give you the benefit in the future. For example, read books, be it novel, algebra and trigonometry books, but for me, entrepreneurial books are the best.
If you’re an employee like me and you don’t want to be trapped forever with your boss, learn to start your own business.Being an employee is tiring but you don’t have to be a slave of your own even on your rest days. Always give yourself a break and aim for something better. Aim to be the boss of your own, be an entrepreneur and you will never ever have to worry about your checking your emails again on Sundays.
It’s never too late to learn something new. I am 22 and I graduated BS Accountancy. It’s just months ago since I learned Unity 3D through online tutorials. I am not an expert but I am slowly progressing. This is my first step on my business venture and I am totally excited about it.
This is how I spend my Saturdays and Sundays. How do you spend yours? 🙂